The Product Team Leader (PTL) is responsible for integrating efforts across cross-functional teams accountable for the successful commercialization, growth and life-cycle management of GOCOVRI® and Osmolex ER®. The PTL is accountable for developing the overall strategic plan for these products with key stakeholders, including market landscape, product profile, development and brand and medical plans, timelines and cost and revenue assumptions that roll-up into the product financial model (P&L).
The PTL partners with key stakeholders across the organization to determine go/no go decision criteria, project recommendations, and risks and mitigations, all within the context of time, quality and budget objectives. The PTL acts as the lead for the products in close consultation with functional leads, has budget responsibility over the entire project, works within the portfolio planning framework, and will be responsible for regular updates to the Executive Team. The PTL is a Sr. Director level position, reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Leads a cross-functional product team comprised of functional leaders representing diverse disciplines, ranging from regulatory and clinical development to commercial and manufacturing.
- Coordinates across functions to translate corporate and product goals into a plan of action; leads collaborative initiatives to identify goals and priorities that support the short and long range business strategies for the team; ensures adherence to project plans and oversees the execution of agreed on time and budget objectives.
- Oversees project team planning and budgeting initiatives, including the creation and maintenance of core product deliverables, such as market landscape, product profiles, brand and development plans, timelines, cost and revenue assumptions and long range product model.
- Drives recommendation and decision-making processes at the product team level in collaboration with functional leaders; ensures that risks are identified and mitigations planned.
- Leads quick and effective product team responses to new information that may warrant a reevaluation of project plans.
- Partners with team members to ensure thoughtful, analytical and clear articulation of issues to the Executive Team
- Communicates project status regularly to portfolio planning and executive team, as well as key stakeholders; presents well-developed plans from the Product team that support short- and long-term strategies.
- Maintains strong industry awareness to ensure that project plans reflect current scientific/medical developments and regulatory/commercial environment.
- Creates a collaborative environment that enhances cross-company unity and productivity while setting clear expectations.
- Ensures compliance with Adamas policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a life or physical science; advanced degree (PhD/MD/MBA) or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 15 years in progressive leadership roles in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry including direct experience in a key functional area. Experience with development and/or commercial-stage CNS products a decided plus.
- Proven management and/or leadership experience in an R&D or commercial context within pharma and/or biotech and successful track record managing projects; previous experience as a Team Leader for a commercialized product highly desired.
- Management consulting experience highly desired
- In-depth knowledge of drug development and commercialization.
- Highly experienced at developing project plans with teams and determining inputs for product valuations.
- Strategic thinker with excellent problem solving skills and an ability to influence all levels of the company.
- Ability to drive, anticipate, influence and implement change in a rapidly evolving environment; results-oriented with a sense of urgency and continuously drives for closure; challenges constructively but then can make transition when required.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in matrix organization leadership role with considerable project responsibility without explicit departmental authority; including the ability to hold others accountable for high quality results and achieving timelines within budget.
- Ability to be effective as a team player as well as a team leader, exhibiting excellent listening and collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal executive communication skills; ability to communicate results, outcomes or information effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Excellent listener; seeks broad input and feedback in order to ensure and gain consensus across the organization; skilled at settling differences without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively marshal resources to get things done in appropriate timeframes; able to concentrate own efforts on key functional priorities and uses team and other resources effectively and efficiently.
- Always leads by example and demonstrates a firm commitment to Adamas’ culture and values.