The Manager, Accounting will have a critical and highly visible role in the process design, implementation, and documentation of accurate recording of product revenue, inventory and cost of sales. This position will manage all aspects of the order to cash cycle and partner with other business units and external vendors for the tracking of inventory and its related costs. This position will routinely partner with others across multiple functions ensuring proper alignment with policies and controls for financial reporting, in accordance with US GAAP. This position reports to the Associate Director, Accounting and is based in Emeryville, California.
- Manages the accounting and analysis of revenue and gross-to-net model for at least one of the Company’s commercial product;
- Responsible for accurate accounting of inventory costing and manufacturing related accruals, coordinates physical inventory counts, and maintains accurate and complete documentation;
- Partners with Technical Operations team members to understand inventory movements, timing of production, reserves, and related valuation of inventory;
- Executes month-end close activities including analysis, journal entries, and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Assists the Accounting team in providing technical accounting guidance. Researches and prepares technical accounting memos on revenue-related activities and assists auditors in handling technical accounting inquiries;
- Prepares, reviews and provides analytical analyses and key performance indicators to management;
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, Accounting, partners with the FP&A team on budgeting and forecasting of GTN and COGS;
- Designs, tests and implements efficiencies for cost accounting/inventory modules in ERP system;
- Maintains strong revenue, inventory and the related gross-to-net and cost of sales controls, including design, implementation, and documentation of key controls (SOX);
- Assists in modeling forecasted gross-to-net projections to provide insights to senior management;
- Assists in the preparation of various management and Board slide decks;
- Supports external tax team with provision and return related requests concerning sales and manufacturing costs;
- Performs ad-hoc projects as requested by the finance management team;
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures as well as US healthcare laws and regulations.
- 7 years work experience with a background in both public accounting and industry, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech sector;
- Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting/Finance/Economics) or related field, CPA preferred;
- Financial analysis skills and deep understanding of accounting concepts;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with multiple functional areas in a collaborative, team environment;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft D365 ERP for Finance & Operations;
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.