The Senior Director, Information Services serves as the strategic partner and trusted advisor for all functional areas of the business to lead and assist with information & technology needs. This role is accountable for identifying, qualifying and driving adoption of data and technology solutions to enhance business value. Individual in this role will focus on establishing relationships with business partners, influencing technology decisions and ensuring technology investments align with business objectives and I.S. roadmap in addition to leading and managing information management function and staff.
Individual in this role will represent the technology organization as the primary point of contact and accountable for all information services and technology related requests and issues from respective business functions. Deeper understanding of pharma data and analytics solutions and effective partnership with business and other IT service teams is critical to this role.
- Lead and Manage key strategic Information management programs and vendors supporting enterprise Data & Analytics initiatives focusing on supporting commercialization and product development business needs. Staff these programs with appropriate internal and external resources.
- Lead and manage vendors, project teams and day to day operations of Information Services team to ensure data quality, accuracy and timeliness of solution delivery
- Leads and mentors other members of Information Management team to optimize team’s understanding of business requirements, business rules and business processes to translate into technical data and analytic solutions
- Drives strategic technology initiatives and assessments including vendor selections. Oversees vendor work quality and productivity while managing vendor relationships and contracting.
- Prioritize, oversee, and manage portfolio of information management projects and ensure delivery of these projects within determined timelines and budgetary constraints
- Serves as a subject matter expert on pharmaceutical business processes and information services technology requirements
- Maintain an understanding of pharmaceutical business processes, data & technology roadmap to design solutions, implement systems, and lead operational support for commercial IT and Enterprise data systems
- Lead operational support for Commercial IT and Enterprise data systems coordinating with various business partners across Adamas for information management initiatives aligned to common capabilities such as Data integration, aggregation, customer relation management, business intelligence, reporting and master data management.
- Own and maintain Adamas data platform and operations
- Ensure clear and timely communication of project status with internal and external stakeholders in addition to providing continues information service.
- Assist in the preparation of annual plans and budgets for the organization. Plan and budget the resources required to implement programs including personnel, equipment, outside services, software packages and supplies.
- Manage resources including objective setting, performance appraisal, training, recruiting, and career path planning.
- Bachelors and/or master’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, Business Administration or equivalent experience and at least 12 plus years of IT and business/industry work experience with at least 5 years managing teams.
- Seven plus (7+) years’ experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry with a demonstrated knowledge of analytics and/or reporting for sales, marketing and/or managed market functions preferably as business partner.
- Experience with Commercial IT functions (Sales, Marketing, Call Centers, Sales Operations, Analytics, etc) leading and managing implementation of Content Management, CRM, Datawarehouse, BI, MDM & analytic solutions.
- Excellent understanding of pharmaceutical and life sciences datasets such as specialty pharmacy SP, Specialty distributor SD, 3PL, Formulary, Symphony, IMS, Claims etc.
- Proficient in working with partners across various levels of IT and Business
- Proven success handling a portfolio of projects and services across multiple business functions in areas such as: customer relationship management, closed loop marketing, master data management, data analytics, marketing, and transparency reporting.
- Excellent management, leadership, organizational, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with active-listening skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management. Strong Project/Program Management experience.
- Proven track record of success in driving operational excellence, including coordinating and driving issues to resolution autonomously utilizing excellent judgment skills
- Experience in building and managing a team of strong technical resources.
- Experience working in a regulated networking environment (SOX and 21CFR11) and working in a Commercial staged Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company.
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Fit with Adamas culture and values