Manager, Business Development
As a member of the Corporate Development team, the position will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to identify, assess and pursue new business opportunities. Additionally, The Manager, Business Development will partner with investment banks and external parties by assisting in select transactions and playing a lead role in integrating acquisitions. The Manager, Business Development will report into the Vice President and Head of Corporate Development, Strategy and Portfolio Planning and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Develop and execute strategies to identify, assess, and pursue new business opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with targets of potential acquisition, licensing or strategic investments including due diligence and negotiation processes.
- Develop business cases for opportunities, including leading the vetting and validation of ideas and opportunities.
- Actively participate in the process of M&A and other strategic partnerships including performing analytics, market research, developing detailed financial models and presentations.
- Develop systems and tools to track and monitor initiatives, prepare monthly reports and materials to be presented to leadership.
- Coordinate with various departments to ensure that activities are progressing, and objectives are met.
- Support Business Development and M&A target screening and evaluation processes.
- Understand and provide suggestions for the strategy of the organization and partner cross functionally to identify, evaluate and execute transactions.
- Complies with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelors’ Degree required, Life or Physical Sciences discipline preferred; advanced degree and/or commensurate experience;
- 5+ year in biotech, pharmaceutical, management consulting or investment banking experience.
- Project management experience a plus;
- Exceptional modeling skills and experience supporting deal structure, negotiations and opportunity valuation.
- Prior healthcare strategy consulting or new product planning experience, preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Biopharma industry, in both large and small companies;
- Willingness to dig into the science and compare product profiles;
- Able to apply scientific and market knowledge to asses a products strategic fit, clinical viability and commercial value;
- Proficient at strategizing, planning, scheduling, monitoring and tracking and problem solving;
- Demonstrated performance at delivering results including bringing logical resolution with multiple parties and their associated different opinions and needs;
- Ability to multi-task, collaborate with team and able to change directions quickly based on business needs;
- Applies critical /strategic thinking to unstructured situations and escalates to leadership when necessary;
- From prior experience the individual will have a broad network of business and corporate development contacts;
- Successful experience in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and core values.