The Senior Director, Business Analytics & Commercial Operations will be responsible for the development of the commercial data strategy, along with the build and maintenance of a data management system that is capable of monitoring and understanding the commercial progress of the organization. This position will head up the teams that directly support the commercialization of GOCOVRI® by leading commercial analytics processes, delivering strategic insights for GOCOVRI®, and working closely with the New Product Discovery team in the assessment and selection of new products and expansion indications. Responsibilities also include the development of the suite of sales support programs, materials delivery to the sales team, development and implementation of sales incentive programs, as well as, detailed commercial analytics for the organization including the sales team to drive the business. As a core leader of the Commercial Leadership Team, this position will work across the organization to ensure support is in alignment with project team deliverables that support the execution of commercialization plans and corporate objectives. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Builds, develops, leads and manages the business analytics and commercial operations functions to support the achievement of commercial strategy and execution. This includes overseeing sales analytics reporting, sales process optimization, data acquisition and analysis, incentive compensation development, management and processing;
- Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives are enabled within the sales organization by providing strategic insight and analytics to appropriate internal stakeholders and the leadership team;
- Develops and implements performance-based analysis of operational activities, critical success metrics and customer analysis (performance dashboards);
- Collaborates with Sales, Marketing, Market Planning, Market Access, Distribution, IT, Finance, Legal and Compliance to drive deliverables in sales force sizing, deployment, reporting, CRM system development, aggregate spend reporting, account alignment, pre-launch analysis and auditing and monitoring;
- Participates on core launch teams, assists with sales and marketing long range plans, budgets and other business analytics to effectively represent franchise sales, initiatives and field functions;
- Ensures timely and accurate collection, analysis, formatting, management and dissemination of sales data turning analytics into insights;
- Supports the New Product Discovery team in assessment of new products and expansion indications;
- Provides analytical support to Business Development during due diligence for in-license opportunities and partnering activities;
- Coordinates with Finance to produce regional reports designed to evaluate expense budgets;
- Develops and manages the operational budgets consistent with the financial goals and objectives of the company, including efficient management of any partners, vendors and contracted resources;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals, including commercial operations leadership, sales operations leadership, marketing, and finance/operations:
- Superior analytical skills, including experience directing and managing activity and performance reporting;
- Development of excel based revenue forecast models;
- Leading and managing qualitative and quantitative primary market research with all segments of the healthcare system;
- Extensive experience in use and analysis of secondary data sources (e.g., IMS, Symphony Health Solutions, etc.);
- Prior experience building systems for tracking and evaluating market and competitive landscape.
- Experience in building out a Business Analytics & Commercial Operations function, preferred;
- Proven ability in managing a high performing commercial operations function;
- Demonstrated experience managing sales expense budgets;
- Prior work experience with CNS and/or 505(b)(2) products is highly desired;
- Experience collaborating with external stakeholders in the development of Integrated Brand Plans and launches.
- Ability to manage and optimize vendor relationships in an outsourcing model;
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to effectively deal with ambiguity;
- Works effectively across functions as a team player;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas’ culture and values.