The Corporate Controller will lead the Accounting function of Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc. The position has overall responsibility for accounting close, internal controls, coordination of the audit and audit-related activities, treasury and tax compliance and reporting, insurance, policy development and implementation, and ERP systems. This position reports to the Vice President, Finance and is based in Emeryville, California.
- Supervise and mentor staff responsible for all day to day accounting activities;
- Direct and manage accounting operations to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial statements. Ensure financial statements are consistent with U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations, including newly issued and emerging pronouncements;
- Review monthly financial statements and trend analysis to ensure completeness and accuracy of results;
- Responsible for risk and treasury management including insurance, treasury portfolio management and other compliance
- Manage relationship with external and internal SOX auditors and oversee the annual audit and quarterly review process.
- Manage third-party tax provider and review tax provision;
- Provide technical accounting leadership on significant accounting transactions, including corporate development and collaboration agreement transactions;
- Stay up-to-date on technical guidance relevant to pharmaceuticals industry;
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures;
- Support operating teams and departments in the cost-effective operation of their groups;
- Report to the Audit Committee on a regular basis on financial performance, accounting developments, policies, significant estimates and controls;
- Partner with Director, SEC Reporting on external financial reporting and SEC filings;
- Ability to lead, manage, and execute on special projects as needed within finance and accounting organization and across various Company functions;
- Acts as trusted partner and colleague to organization;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent required, MBA a plus;
- Licensed CPA required;
- 10+ years of relevant work experience required, with demonstrated progression in roles and responsibilities in finance and accounting;
- Extensive technical accounting experience required;
- Experience in leading SOX 404(b) internal controls design and operating effectiveness test programs;
- Commercial pharmaceutical / life sciences experience a plus;
- Proven management and supervisory skills;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate Company’s financial results, accounting policies, and procedures;
- Confident interacting with all levels of organization, including C-suite executives, project teams, and department managers;
- Successful experience in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.