The VP, Market Access & Distribution is responsible for leading the commercial operations for the organization that directly supports the commercial success of GOCOVRI ® this includes; providing strategic leadership and direction of all product distribution, reimbursement and payer access; ensuring effective business analytics and systems; delivering strategic insights for launch planning activities, as well as working closely with the New Product Discovery team in the assessment and selection of new products and expansion indications. As a member of the commercial leadership team, this position will work across the organization to ensure commercial operations support is in alignment with project team deliverables that support the execution of commercial launch plans. This position reports to the Chief Commercial Officer and is based in Emeryville, CA.
- Leads the Market Access and Distribution functions in the commercial organization, with responsibility for creation and execution of strategies that facilitate effective market access for GOCOVRI ®;
- Oversees relationships with insurance/managed care organizations and integrated delivery networks, leading contracting and price negotiations;
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to leverage and implement reimbursement, managed care, payer and healthcare policies that ensure attainment of managed markets business objectives;
- Develops managed market pricing strategies consistent with customer and market indications and the overall portfolio targeting long-term commercial success;
- Leads the strategic and tactical development of distribution for GOCOVRI® as well as contracting, implementation, and operational management of identified 3PL, Specialty Pharmacies and Specialty Distributors. This includes ensuring that a high level of collaboration and integration with the Brand Teams, Finance, and Manufacturing teams is maintained;
- Collaborates with Medical Affairs team members to ensure the creation of a clinical value dossier for GOCOVRI® incorporating differentiating and compelling product data;
- Develops and manages departmental budgets that effectively achieve desired goals that are balanced with the financial objectives of the broader commercial organization;
- Ensures compliance with corporate policies and procedures, as well as, US healthcare laws and regulations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree; MBA, PharmD, or advanced degree preferred;
- 15+ years of progressive experience within sales, marketing, or managed markets roles in account management, formulary access, reimbursement, distribution, program development, contract negotiations and policy development;
- 7 to 10 years national and regional direct account management experience with responsibility across multiple payer types;
- Public policy experience, highly desirable;
- Proven long-term relationships with 3rd party payers (commercial / government payers), distribution and trade (3PL, wholesale, specialty pharmacy), physician networks, and healthcare systems;
- Ability to positively position a new company in the Managed Care sector in order to achieve top pharma image and benefits;
- Experience with CNS disease states, a plus;
- Previous experience successfully developing and leading managed markets/payer initiatives that supported product launches; well versed in pharma/payer contracting terms across various segments; experience with oral drugs, including Medicare Part D (Part B, a plus);
- Flexible, adaptable, diplomatic, and able to effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Possesses a good blend of strategic and operational experience with the ability to see the big picture and strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively present ideas, get buy-in and drive consensus within the commercial organization and across project teams;
- Ability to travel in-order to foster positive customer relationships and manage a remote team of Account Managers is required;
- Successful experience in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Fit with Adamas culture and values.
Senior VP Additional Experience/Considerations:
- Experience managing brand teams at the Sr. Director/Executive Director/VP level
- Experience managing large sales teams at the National Sales Director/ VP Sales level
- Experience with Portfolio Management and Market Access at the VP level