We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated 16 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, Telus, Upwork, and Coinbase – and we’re just getting started. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
At Ada, we understand that work can be hard. Not every day will be your best day, not every conversation will go the way you want it to go. We’re creating a role to help employees manage work better, so they can do their very best work.
How can you help? You have a background in mental health or social work. You’ll help individual employees work through the things that are most common stressors in the office: stress, unhealthy workplace conflict, mental and physical health issues, death and divorce. You will set them up to handle their own conflicts and work stress. You will be connecting people with resources in the broader community and following up to make sure they’re on their way to recovery. You’ll also have the opportunity to create programs and bring in outside resources that prevent workplace stress, conflict and encourage physical and mental well-being.
We want to prioritize people feeling supported over information flow through Ada. You’ll be expected to keep all of your conversations completely confidential. Only in circumstances that require legal action such as abuse, harassment, violence or felony offences are you required to divulge.
You will be joining the People Operations team. You will report to the Director, Employee Experience (expected hire in February of 2020), and join a team of six across talent, operations, facilities and IT. Reporting directly to the Head of People Operations in the interim, you will have input on broad objectives that the People Operations team is undertaking.
- Minimum 3 years of social work, mental health programming or support, human resources or relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of mental health, healthcare and wellness programs and how to access resources in the community.
- Demonstrated strong discretion, and ability to manage confidential information.
- Ability to form strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Masters of Social Work degree
- Experience inside of the mental health system, as a patient, a caregiver or a healthcare practitioner. We won’t ask you about this in the interview.
- Investigation skills with the ability to provide meaningful recommendations to senior leadership when required by law.
- Knowledge of employee and labor relations practices, interpersonal and conflict resolution.
- Confidentiality: Ada employees have a confidential person they can go to in times of need.
- Feedback: Ada employees will develop strategies for how to bring feedback to their teams.
- Speed to care: Ada employees will understand how to navigate outside resources such as accessing a therapist, getting mental health crisis care, getting a second opinion for a medical procedure. You can use outside services to fill gaps. We don’t expect you to know everything.
- Programs: Reduce sources of stress and encourage a healthy workplace with programming. If you need training here, we can provide.
- Investigations: Workplace complaints and allegations such as discrimination, harassment, retaliation, hostile work environment, and policy violations are completed fairly and timely. If you need training here, we can provide it.
- Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Firstmark and Version One.
- We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
- Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results and career progression.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.