We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated 16 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, Telus, Upwork, and Coinbase – and we’re just getting started. Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
The People Operations team at Ada is looking for a Director, Employee Experience. Our people are our biggest asset and our biggest investment, and you’ll be making sure that every Ada Owner is doing their best work. You’ll be expected to have a material impact on Ada as a company, not just the People Operations department. To do that, you’ll be responsible for four broad buckets: Performance Enablement, Learning & Development, Culture & Communication and HR (optional). You’ll be executing, informing and creating strategy, getting your hands dirty at first (less over time) and working cross-functionally.
You won’t be alone. You’ll be working with a team comprised of the Head of People Operations (reports to CEO), Director, Talent (reports to Head of People Operations), Manager, IT & Facilities (reports to Head of People Operations) and you’ll have two direct reports to start: Lead, Learning & Development and Culture Coordinator. You’ll be expected to build out your team over 2020, with the expectation of adding an additional 3-5 people over the next 12 months.
- 5+ years experience in Culture, Marketing, Customer Success, HR and/or Operations, preferably in a fast growing company with 3+ years experience managing teams, with clear growth from team members that you can demonstrate.
Nice to Haves (pick at least 2 of 4 and hire for the rest):
- Experience at a business strategy level. For example, you can see that the sales team needs to triple their quota, and you know what programs and advice you can give to make that more likely.
- You are a builder that’s constantly looking at processes to find ways to make them more efficient, collaborative and scalable. You like to break things and put them back together.
- You can point to examples of successful cross-departmental projects where you identified a problem, came up with a solution and executed, ideally with a team.
- Willing to try anything once. We are trying to build a generational company. We won’t do that by just doing what everyone else is doing. So you’ll need to have an open mind to how you can move the employee performance needle.
- Hiring a high-performing team that can help you achieve your objectives.
- Working with the Director, Talent, creating a repeatable scalable mechanism to get feedback from your customers, Ada Owners and Candidates
- Clear assessment for outcomes: data-driven decisions where they make sense
- Performance Enablement: Working with Director, Talent and Manager, IT to ensure that at least 8 out of 10 Ada Owners are doing their best work, and you and your team deliver programs to enable that, including but not limited to:
- Recommendations for space
- Recommendations for management and directors
- Career planning
- Any programs that contribute to best work
- Learning & Development: Working with the Director, Talent, time from job open to productive is reduced overall by 50% through improved on-boarding, ramp and accelerate
- Facilitating on-boarding for all and ramp bootcamps for > 50% of roles
- Assessing role readiness and performance in on-boarding and ramp
- Developing content to assess skills gaps
- Culture & Communications: Our culture and our business strategy align; ensuring that our culture improves as we scale:
- Develop programming to make Authenticity, Courage, Empathy and Simplicity easy for our owners
- Ada employees always know who to talk to, and are supported in times of need
- HR (optional): Ensure that Ada Owners have access to benefits and are protected from HR risk
- Standardized contracts
- Standardized performance management protocols
- Benefits are well-understood and match Ada Owners needs
- Ada is a rapidly growing company located in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors including Firstmark, Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One.
- We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
- Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.