We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated 16 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, Telus, Upwork, and Coinbase – and we’re just getting started.
Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and commitment to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
As a Security and Compliance Officer you’ll have an immense impact on Ada as we continue to grow our company and our technology. You will be integral in building a scalable, efficient, and robust foundation for all of Ada’s products and services. Your work will change the lives of millions of end users.
- 3+ years of experience working with compliance, ideally security compliance
- Experience working with external auditors for PCI, SOC2, or HIPAA compliance
- You’re into compliance not just to pass the audit, but also to do right by the end-user
- You know the reason for compliance principles, and can explain the rationale to others
- Figuring out how to add a new control without slowing down operations is an exciting challenge to you
- You view good security as table stakes, not a nice-to-have
- You view compliance as an opportunity, not a hoop to jump through
- Be Ada’s Data Protection Officer, responding to privacy complaints and requests
- Ada’s Engineering team will have an expert voice during the product development process, preventing compliance violations and security holes before they happen
- You’ll conduct annual IT risk assessment using NIST CSF or similar framework
- You ensure everybody at Ada knows, understands, and respects our security and privacy policies
- Our company-wide policies are up-to-date, reflect best practices, and respect our customers and our customer’s customers
- Internal audits of security and compliance standards within Ada
- Ongoing and upcoming compliance initiatives move faster with you facilitating engagement with external auditors
- Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One.
- We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
- Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.