We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated 16 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, Telus, Upwork, and Coinbase – and we’re just getting started. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for mentoring and coaching up to two teams of engineers, collaborate with the product management teams and help with technical decisions.
- Coaching mindset
- You feel a sense of pride, satisfaction, and gratitude when you’ve been a part of helping others grow and improve
- You can recognize talent and know when to nurture it in others
- You’re willing to hold others accountable for their words and actions
- You’re aware of your strengths and weaknesses
- You’re excited by Ada’s mission, technology, and people
- Countless technical challenges over your career has created an engineering “spider sense”
- Manage and coach up to three Engineering teams
- Each team is 4 - 6 individual contributors and a lead
- Conduct regular 1-on-1s with direct reports
- Conduct quarterly performance and compensation reviews for staff
- Some team members may be remote!
- Ensure we have the right number and the right mix of people
- Identify talented candidates during hiring and interviews
- Help improve the hiring process and remove systemic bias
- Identify bright stars and advocate for them
- Sponsor and mentor promising individuals
- Find “coachable moments” and opportunities
- Help evolve Ada’s Engineering organization and team structure
- Identify gaps in competency and opportunities to improve
- Escalate strategic risks to Head of Engineering
Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada's thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners, Version One, and FirstMark Capital.
We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
Our work is rooted in authenticity, courage, empathy, and simplicity. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it is at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.