ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360, Max Digital and Data Services.
What you will do:
Responsibilities include all aspects of domestic and international taxes, including the Company’s tax planning, compliance and provision procedures. The position requires close collaboration with the Company’s Finance department, other internal departments, third party tax consultants, auditors, and tax authorities. The Director, Corporate Tax reports to the VP, Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for all aspects of tax to include income tax, sales and use tax, franchise tax and other taxes
- Lead tax planning, research, compliance, preparation and filing of tax returns for federal, state, international and local jurisdictions
- Provide tax planning and structuring guidance for new business opportunities, including international opportunities
- Ensure compliance of all tax filings and lead the Company’s communication with the IRS, state, local and foreign tax authorities
- Oversee international tax accounting and returns for international subsidiaries
- Manage tax audits by federal, state and local tax entities in collaboration with outside experts as needed
- Administer and maintain the Company’s adherence to sales and use tax requirements
- Responsible for the preparation of the tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, including analysis for tax general ledger accounts and related reconciliations; manage interactions with the Company’s external auditors related to tax related items on the Company GAAP financial statements
- Lead the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial statement disclosure on Forms 10-Q and 10-K in accordance with the requirements of the SEC
- Evaluate the impact of new GAAP/IRS pronouncements and update Company processes as needed
- Ensure that appropriate internal controls are designed and operating effectively over accounting for income taxes, in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax and/or Accounting
- Master of Taxation or Business Administration is preferred.
- CPA license is required
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience. Substantive experience working in a large public accounting firm or large corporate tax department is required.
- Tax experience working for a publicly traded company is preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills are required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.