ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Salesforce Engineer to work with the team that will focus on building and delivering new product features that will change the way our customers experience and interact with ACV Auctions. We are committed to being an innovative leader in the online auction space and we are seeking strong talent who can deliver on audacious goals and product features. In this role you will get to work alongside a team of software and product engineers, creating new features related to our Supply domain. In Supply domain we are building software solutions to handle vehicles coming from Fleets and Off Lease and are creating tools to integrate with Dealer Management Systems (DMSs) as well as taking feeds from commercial inventory systems. We value practical experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals.
What will you do:
- Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce.com platform in APEX and Lightning, to increase productivity and enhance customer experience
- Take initiative to Identify complex problems and opportunities for efficiency in building out the Salesforce platform, and create solutions to resolve them
- Recommend alternative approaches and best practices, define technical impact, and provide sizing estimates
- Develop Lightning Web Components
- Follow an iterative software development methodology and contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle and support processes
- Develop integrations with 3rd party applications and other tools especially utilizing the REST API
- Write technical approach and design documentation to support our business needs
- Ensure that all necessary changes on the Salesforce platform are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed
- Remain current on new Salesforce features and functionality, and integrate into the existing solutions
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation and be self-sufficient in resolving issues
- May cover all Salesforce development needs for a domain team and thus be required act as subject matter expert for Salesforce for the team
What you will need:
- 3-6 years of experience as a SFDC Developer with Sales Cloud and Service, including the use of data tools (e.g. Data Loader, Big Query)
- Knowledge of Web Services, REST, XML and outbound messaging.
- Development experience with VS Code, Apex, Visualforce, web services, API, SOAP, Lightning components, Process Builder and VF flow.
- Highly organized, success-driven individual with a “can do” attitude
- BS/MS in Computer Science or similar engineering intensive program
- Experience in a technology company a plus
- Experience with event-based architecture and design
- Experience interfacing with business and technical teams
- Certified Administrator I
- Platform Developer I/II
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.