ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Data Team at ACV, the Analytics Engineer’s primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV and its customers. The primary customers of the Data team are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives and KPIs guide the way we understand problems and evaluate the quality of our answers.
What you will do:
The Sr. Analytics Engineer is focused primarily on doing analysis for business needs and immediate queries from stakeholders on other teams. The Sr. Analytics Engineer is distinct from a Data Science Engineer or Machine Learning Engineer. A Data Science Engineer can lead projects from start to end towards more fundamental understandings of ACV’s current state or business problem. A ML Engineer, while competent to do analysis and data science, is focused on more taking a predictive project where a statistical relationship can be leveraged for the benefit of a specific business need in the company.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill and maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, and have the ability to support the development and implementation of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query.
What you will need:
- MS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Minimum 3 years Professional Experience related to job description
- Strong Experience with Python (strong emphasis on pandas, numpy, plotting)
- Strong Professional Experience with MySQL / BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Experience doing complex queries and transformations on large data set
- Good scripting and functional programming skills
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis and the basics of data-driven reasoning are a must.
- PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Experience with distributed computation systems like Spark or Dask
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.