ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
- Support strategic initiatives in the accounting department (ex. automation, process improvement, etc.).
- Support the design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting across various department processes.
- Support the adoption of and continued compliance with GAAP, including technical accounting policy matters, and complex accounting estimates.
- Calculate and process monthly closing journal entries, and improve the efficiency of the underlying reconciliation process.
- Prepare reconciliations over various balance sheet accounts.
- Contribute to the team in achieving accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Interact with the Company’s independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Record cash related transactions in the general ledger.
- Perform bank and credit card account reconciliations.
- Calculate and process monthly closing journal entries.
- Perform other asset, liability, and/or equity account reconciliations.
What you should have:
- BA/BS Accounting degree required, MBA/Masters degree preferred.
- CPA or CMA credential preferred (or in progress).
- A minimum of 2 years of accounting experience required.
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to learn in a fast paced changing environment.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to identify possible solutions to business problems.
- Takes initiative to identify issues then develop and recommend solutions.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.