ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Territory Sales Manager, who has a background in the automotive space, a passion for cars, and wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership and wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy and work tirelessly to build their territory and provide our clients with the best service. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on trust, transparency, and credibility, and our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to grow and build out new business in your territory.
- Service accounts in person and via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups and leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition and how to sell against it.
- Assess customers’ wholesale inventory needs and offer solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them and the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast and report incoming business activity on a monthly and annual basis.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable and aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, and internal structure/role changes.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspectors and KPI's.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of dealership experience, on either the used or new car side of business required.
- Experience selling into dealerships and auction knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing and prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone.
- Understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat and positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to maintain and plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc..
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.