ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What we are looking for:
The Total Rewards team at ACV Auctions is looking for a dynamic, passionate and motivated Manager of Compensation. This teammate will play an integral role in the development of ACV’s compensation philosophy, programs, policies, and procedures to meet the fast-paced day-to-day needs of the business. The Manager of Compensation will be responsible for building and managing a high performing compensation team. This role will report to the Director of Total Rewards.
- Responsible for the management of a high performing team including but not limited to, hiring, training, performance reviews, and establishing professional development plans.
- Provides strategic thought leadership on compensation-related initiatives linking pay programs to performance and overall compensation philosophy and business objectives.
- Influences decision-making process by providing detailed analysis/models, creative solutions and expert advice to all levels of management that are rooted in market data and aligned with the compensation philosophy.
- Leads, educates, and coaches on key compensation initiatives such as compensation philosophy and strategy implementation, annual pay processes and People system configuration. Partners with People Business Partners and Communications to develop manager and teammate messaging on compensation topics.
- Manages market pricing and incentive program and processes – providing critical input on design and strategy.
- Participates in the design and implementation of sales incentive compensation plans.
- Manages the design and administration of ACV’s equity compensation program.
- Responsible for the development of ACV’s compensation education initiatives and conducting training
- to all levels of Management and Teammates.
- Responsible for streamlining compensation processes reducing the administrative burden. Works cross-functional with the People Team and Managers to implement solutions.
- Develops actionable reports and modeling templates to support various People Team initiatives including; sales incentive plan designs, equity compensation, workforce planning, and performance compensation.
- Manages relationship with Finance partners in maintenance of position management and workforce planning, as necessary.
- Provides analytical and project support during M&A due diligence and integration activities.
- Ensures compensation programs are scalable, compliant, and are effectively rolled out to the organization.
- Serves as main liaison with People Business Partners to proactively address issues, concerns and challenges.
- Anticipates and identifies internal/external challenges and develops programs to diminish the financial risk to the business.
- Ensures data integrity and tracking of data ensuring programs meet the needs of the business, are market-competitive and are compliant with local legal requirements and internal policies and procedures and are within the framework of ACV.
- Understands internal pay practices by country and ensures market competitiveness and appropriateness in our offerings to leaders and Teammates.
- Performs other duties as required.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of compensation experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- Experience in a high-tech and/or automotive company is highly desired.
- Prior management experience highly desired.
- Excellent computer and report development skills utilizing Google Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess the ability to analyze large amounts of data and present findings is a concise format
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, attention to detail and follow up skills
- Excellent project management abilities
- Experience with third-party vendor management.
- Advanced compensation knowledge with demonstrated systematic approach to solutions.
- Ability to establish credibility and influence others.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in fast-paced operation
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of ACV Auctions
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.