ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV is looking for a Relational Database Engineer that will work on our Data Infrastructure team, providing database reliability support and guidance to the larger engineering organization. You will work alongside software and production engineers to improve existing database systems and architect new ones to be performant, reliable, and compliant. We value practical infrastructure experience in addition to a thorough understanding of IT Infrastructure fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex problems and apply best practices.
You will work alongside quality, infrastructure, and the analytics teams to build and ship new features related to our data products. We value practical software experience in addition to computer science fundamentals and training. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Architect high availability solutions for new and existing RDBMS databases
- Establish database best practices to ensure recovery time and recovery point objectives to meet our disaster recovery requirements.
- Put database performance monitoring in place and follow up with teams to optimize database usage.
- Database instance consolidation to best utilize AWS resources.
- Help the ACV globalize its platform using multi-region deployments and appropriate data strategies.
- Promote database design best practices and socialize them among the engineering teams.
- Drive key decisions on how our data architecture and systems will evolve over time to meet business and product requirements.
- Help implement SOX and CCPA/GDPR compliance measures in relevant databases
- Database security consolidation and optimization
- Database engine tuning for improved performance and reduced costs
What you will need:
- Must be able to make and drive engineering wide decisions using influence and strong organizational skills.
- Must have direct experience optimizing database performance, replication, and recovery strategies for highly available database systems.
- Experience implementing database best practices for multi-region deployments
- Multiple years of successful experience working in database administration or data infrastructure-related roles for products dealing with heavy data traffic.
- Deep understanding of AWS technologies such as AWS Aurora and RDS
- Thorough understanding of PostgreSQL and MySQL internals
- Experience with MS SQL Server a plus
- Strong understanding of distributed systems to help with architectural decision-making
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.