ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV Capital is changing the way dealerships access fresh capital, empowering them to grow their businesses on-demand. We use modern best practices for Software Development and release to production several times a day. Our teams are semi-autonomous and encouraged to make data-driven decisions.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Software Engineering Team Lead who will support a team pushing the envelope on Capital Intelligence (Risk Analysis & Decision Making), Self-Service (web/mobile), Integrations (backend services), and Operations (Salesforce, NetSuite & service dashboards).
You will support the engineers on your team to build and ship new features that will drive future growth for ACV Capital. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
What you will do:
- Take on a hands-on leadership role for a team of Software Engineers working on one of our newer domain teams.
- Design, develop, and maintain code for our web-based applications, backend services, and distributed systems.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance for your products.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation and build robust test suites for your products.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with relational and distributed databases.
- You have experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing and continuous delivery.
- Experience building RPC services using either Thrift, gRPC, or equivalent
- Experience with containers and Kubernetes
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunity
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal history.