ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will be doing:
ACV Auctions is seeking a driven Technical Program Manager to join our Data & Analytics group.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, passionate about tech and holds the required experience to scale and elevate our Data & Analytics group to greater heights.
ACV Auction’s world-class secure data platform is used daily by thousands internal stakeholders to drive data-driven decisions about product design, power machine learning efforts, advance experimentation, deliver delightful customer experiences and more.
As Technical Program Manager you will set the vision and strategy for our analytics data platform and own platform roadmap processes which captures and balance the needs of a broad set of technical and non-technical users including designers, engineers, product managers, analysts, data scientists, and executives.
You'll work closely with colleagues in Engineering, Tools & Services, and Data Science, as well as stakeholders in various functions and organizations across the company to understand requirements, drive execution and ensure adoption of the platform. You'll also play a key role ensuring that we maintain privacy and security standards respecting and safeguarding our customers data apart from setting standards for reliability and scalability of ACV Auctions Data Platform.
You'll work in a fast-paced, cross-functional and highly collaborative environment alongside forward-thinking colleagues who are equally excited and passionate about the value that a modern data and analytics platform can bring to the business and to our customers.
- Drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap of our data platform aligned to user needs and overall business priorities and objectives
- Understand the personas for Data Platform and work on the use cases to achieve reliability and scalability
- Work with users and stakeholders across the company to deeply understand their problems and needs from the data platform
- Partner with platform architects and engineering teams to deliver compelling solutions that meet the demands of users
- Ability to design and develop programs that will advance ACV towards a future state of business analysis and execution using company and external data
- Ability to act on decisions independently identifying new business area requirements and projects, including design, delivery, deployment, monitoring, and optimization for a project
- Own the full scope of a project, including iterative requirement capture and refinement, while avoiding scope creep
What you will need:
- Ability to navigate conflicting business priorities and agendas
- Demonstrated project ownership. Identifying and organizing key stakeholders, defining scope and timeline, and execution of implementation plan
- Interest in managing people. Including, but not limited to Leadership skills with the desire to mentor others, take ownership on project teams, and self-educate on leadership topics such as Driving Change, Managing Conflict, Delegating, Building Trust, etc.
- Experience designing and executing on major initiatives from the ground up.
- Experience delivering on projects using multiple toolkits and for multiple team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Visualization such as R, Tableau, Mixpanel and SQL
- Data-driven and analytical with the ability to forecast and generate trends and analysis into messaging and actionable intelligence.
- 3 years of experience in Program/Project Management.
- Experience in one or more areas: cloud infrastructure, big data, distributed computing, BI and visualization tools, machine learning tools and frameworks
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive or similar
- Able to communicate and work effectively with engineering teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-functional environment
- Able to influence decision-making at all levels
- Good communicator and storyteller, able to explain technical topics to a non-technical audience
- MS/ME in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- College or university degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Nice to Have:
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree\Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Information Systems
- Experience with AWS technologies
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career Development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.