ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV Auctions is looking for a Data Software Engineer. The position will focus on design and implementation of the database tier and background processing of an analytical web application built with a Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise backend. The successful candidate will join the database engineering team responsible for ongoing operations of the data tier, administration, and development in concert with the application engineering team.
The ideal candidate is an engineer with a solid computer science foundation, an analytical mind with good communications and problem solving skills. In addition, a background in relational database modeling and experience building high performance database-driven transactional applications is required. The candidate must be able to analyze SQL queries for performance bottlenecks and optimize queries with a structured approach. Familiarity with OLAP and data warehousing concepts and OLTP modeling is a plus.
- Architect and build entire services including but not limited to; data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols and interfaces.
- Design, build and maintain complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
- Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites.
- Own the overall performance of products and services within a defined area of focus.
- Be empowered to lead and complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers.
- Lead team discussions to define technical requirements on new and current products.
- Respond-to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What You Will Need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience building the database-tier of SaaS web applications (J2EE or C#).
- Robust SQL and data-layer development experience, analytical schema design and OLAP/OLTP.
- Expert understanding of SQL query execution fundamentals and query optimization principles.
- Experience maintaining and extending an existing codebase, adapting to pre-existing patterns and tracing the code’s path of execution.
- Experience implementing ETL workflows.
- Experience integrating 3rd-party APIs, implementing authentication & authorization and developing asynchronous data flows.
- Experience developing unit- and integration-tests.
- Experience using and integrating with cloud services, specifically: AWS RDS, S3, SQS, SNS.
- Experience working with noSQL data stores (MongoDB).
- Familiarity with SSIS.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.