ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What will you do:
The Storage Operations Team Lead is responsible for leading and working alongside a team of storage lot operations professionals, ensuring ACV Transportation only partners with the absolute best partners our industry has to offer. You will supervise, coach and train a high performing team who focuses on partnership, transportation and storage yard sourcing and operations.
- Follow through on new storage lot requests to ensure timely proper resolution and provide continuous communication to all parties involved
- Establish yourself as the storage point person for internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively locate and vet a network of quality transportation services and storage yards
- Use Salesforce to track every relationship found
- Communicate the value of working with ACV and why vendors love partnering with us
- Negotiate cost-effective contracted rates with high volume transport and storage partners
- Work in conjunction with our vendors, our business operations and legal teams to come to satisfactory terms for all parties involved
- Responsible for overseeing the timely removal of vehicles from select partner locations by working in conjunction with storage partners and our Delivery Assurance team
- Prioritize storage lot sourcing for your team based on business needs/impact
- Periodically report out and update stakeholders on operations, lot request statuses, pending approvals, etc
- Create leads for your team based on location, size, relationship and current requests
- Lead the overall performance management of ACV Transportation’s storage partners/vendors
- Navigate several departments in order to resolve complex issues escalated by internal ACV Auctions operations and sales teams
- Responsible for ensuring prompt invoice reconciliation and payment to all storage vendors
- Help develop and monitor individual KPIs for team members
- Assist the Carrier Manager in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction opportunities
- Coach and develop team members in order to achieve departmental goals
- Assist the Carrier Manager with the sourcing and interviewing of qualified candidates
- Attend weekly one-on-ones with the Carrier Manager to evaluate personal metrics and team performance
What you should need:
- 5+ years of related experience in sales, transportation, or brokering
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer
- Problem-solving capability
- Able to navigate multiple departments
- Comfort in talking to customers on the phone
- Team Player who willingly accepts change and continuous improvement
- A history of winning awards for being awesome in some way
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), Salesforce a plus
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.