ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
The Director, Corporate Accounting is a key position in our Accounting and Finance team and reports to the VP, Corporate Controller. This position oversees a group of team members and must handle multiple assignments in a rapidly changing, fast paced, and high growth environment.
- Oversee and execute significant components of the monthly financial closing process.
- Responsible for the maintenance of certain key financial accounts in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Lead a team in achieving accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Work collaboratively with leaders of related Accounting functions (Accounting Policy & Projects, Reporting, and Payroll) to achieve high-level Corporate objectives.
- Manage the corporate accounts payable and procurement functions.
- Oversee the administration of Corporate T&E programs.
- Serve as a finance business partner to the Human Resources team, including support of payroll,
StartUpNY Program administration, and other processes.
- Lead cross functional recurring projects, including with Human Resources, Operations, Sales and
- Contribute to Corporate Risk Management initiatives, including but not limited to binding and
administering corporate insurance programs.
- Interact with the Company’s independent accounting firm in connection with the annual audit of
financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Lead the improvement of business processes within the Accounting department, including
development and execution of internal controls over financial reporting.
What you should have:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting required, MBA/Masters Degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting experience required including at least 3 years of supervisory
- Proficient knowledge of U.S. GAAP required.
- Experience with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) financial reporting (e.g.,
financial statements within Forms 10-K and 10-Q) preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products and financial ERP systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in navigating ERP systems (Financial Systems).
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to develop solutions to challenges.
- Takes initiative to identify issues then research and recommend solutions.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy while maintaining the ability to prioritize and facilitate cross-
functional projects in a fast paced environment.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.