ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV is looking for software engineers to join our agile team. We build complex and compelling web and mobile applications for the automotive industry (specifically for car dealers). We are rebuilding the car buying experience around the consumer, and we're seeing benefits for everyone involved. Join us and spend your days innovating and building products to make that a reality. We're looking for curious, collaborative people who are eager to teach what they already know and who jump at an opportunity to dive into new territory.
What you will do:
- Architect and build entire services including but not limited to; data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols, interfaces, and front-ends.
- Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
- Collaborate with software and DevOps engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites.
- Own the overall performance of products and services within a defined area of focus.
- Provide technical support for multiple applications within the technology portfolio.
- Be empowered to lead and complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers.
- Lead team discussions to define technical requirements for new and current products.
- Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
- Respond-to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience maintaining and extending an existing codebase, adapting to pre-existing patterns and tracing the code’s path of execution.
- Experience integrating 3rd-party APIs, implementing authentication & authorization and developing asynchronous data flows.
- SQL programming and data-layer development experience.
- Experience developing unit- and integration-tests.
- Experience implementing and integrating with cloud services (AWS), specifically: SQS, S3, ECS, Lambda, ElasticSearch.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with build & deployment automation (CI/CD, GitHub Actions, Jenkins/TeamCity).
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.