ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will Influence + Deliver:
- This role is focused on both UX discovery and UI delivery within product development team(s). As a Lead, you will be bringing a wealth of experience into a product development team and have a strong ability to influence best practices and design vision.
- Enable quality via an atomic design system across different platforms, while meeting requirements for accessibility and brand guidelines.
- Identify UX opportunities, personas, and journeys.
- Facilitate collaborative design workshops and studio sessions.
- Steer how we define our hypotheses using sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, content first information architecture, taxonomy, and relate them to user interface task success metrics.
- Present your design vision to enable product iteration plans and future story mapping.
- Present usability recommendations based on user testing, analytics, and user behavior.
- Run experiments with developers by providing artifacts such as prototypes and visual UI mocks, with supporting materials for icons, illustrations, assets, copy, animation, and gestures.
- Measure past releases and plan for further optimization.
- Provide mentorship to junior members and maintain a positive outlook at all times.
- Influence non-design functions (360 degrees) by enabling design evidence and best practices.
- Set atomic design best practices and standards.
What you will need:
- Minimum 5 years of design experience across web, iOS and Android.
- Ability to analyze data and usage patterns to generate UX insights.
- Ability to influence design process and practices.
- Ability to conduct and provide peer reviews to other design members.
- Strong communication skills to provide rationale for your design decisions.
- Strong understanding of UI, UX, interaction design, HCI, and animation principles.
- Working knowledge of Android and iOS design guidelines.
- Expertise with Sketch, Figma, and prototyping tools such as Flinto or Invision.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and responsive layouts.
- Passionate about solving complex problems with simple, easy-to-use solutions.
- A bachelor or master’s degree in UX design or a related field.
- There will be special consideration for applicants with strong understanding in user error handling, opportunity mapping, user journey mapping, collaborative problem solving, funnel optimization, heuristic evaluations, competitive analysis, user task success, and analytics understanding.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.