ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who you will be:
The ACV Capital Inside Sales Manager (ISM) is an inside sales position working closely with team members across ACV (TMs, AMs, BDRs) as well as fielding inbound leads from external sources and generating business from calling efforts in a defined territory to attain target volumes in new applications, signed contracts and activations. This position is focused on remote calling and portfolio management activities rather than in person calling activities. Reporting directly to the Sr. Director of Strategic Sales and Development, responsibilities including prospecting, underwriting and contracting new and existing business opportunities. Provide credit analysis, reviewing Inventory Audits and actively managing a portfolio. The Inside Sales Manager should possess excellent work ethic with a high energy level, motivation, enthusiasm and ambition. The Inside Sales Manager will be required to analyze complex information and focus on critical priorities.
What you will do:
The Inside Sales Manager is expected to be a self- starter and knowledgeable on all ACV Products and Services. Possess a combination of selling skills that will ensure success in developing and maintaining a book of business. Achieve a target level of business while maintaining a strong Pipeline of potential candidates and utilize Salesforce for efficient tracking and monitoring of sales efforts. Provide quality underwriting, analytical summary and narrative on new applications. Identifying material risks through analysis of financial statements, tax returns, contracts, credit reports, legal reports, UCC analysis and external web sites. Analyze highly complex business relationships with communication skills to provide well documented recommendations on accounts and prepare for senior leadership review. Attention to detail helps in ensuring accuracy in the process of assessing all critical facets of a new account. In particular, the individual must have finance, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to weigh the risks and costs of providing credit in a high-volume environment. Additionally, the individual will have the competence to use computer programs to assess the eligibility of an applicant based on risk factors and applicant information. The Inside Sales Manager must demonstrate both written and oral communication skills and the ability to work alongside other Corporate Divisions.
- Develop and execute an aggressive sales plan within a defined market
- Build prospect list through effective cold calling, lead follow-up and referrals.
- Ensure continued follow up during on-boarding. Service accounts via phone, resolving customer issues and looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilize Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting and tracking purposes
- Hit target levels in new applications, signed contracts as well as line activations and utilization ratios.
- Responsible for initial underwriting of potential customers.
- Develop a strong relationship with ACV Auctions’ Regional Managers, Territory Managers and Vehicle Condition Inspectors.
- Manage multiple priorities within tight timeframes while maintaining ongoing attention to detail.
- Communicate directly with internal Management, Regional Sales Managers and Territory Managers to resolve credit or audit related issues, questions or concerns.
- Ensure compliance in the completion of all assigned transactions, accurately and in a timely manner. Confirm all required supporting documentation per account is properly executed to secure corporate interest.
- Collaborate with the Management team to develop acceptable financial and ROI levels that will enable the business to meet net income and other business targets. Analyze risk vs benefits on accounts of a competitive nature.
- Proficient in identifying and managing a default situation. (SOT)
- Collect data on default accounts to assist management in developing metrics to increase effective decision making guidelines.
What you should have:
- College Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance.
- Working knowledge in various inventory finance software programs
- 3 – 5 years prior work experience in the Auto or Financial service industry is required.
- Experienced in the analysis of Automobile Dealer Financial statements, Tax returns, PFS and various other Finance & Banking Statements
- Experience in using a CRM software (preferably Salesforce) to maintain and plan sales pipeline
- Working knowledge of all ACV Auctions products and services.
- Experienced Sales Manager in developing new territories in the Dealer Floorplan Industry.
- Self Starter with the drive and organizational skills to effectively cover a large geographic territory.
- Ability to conduct an initial underwriting of potential customers prior to submitting an application.
- Working knowledge of Business Accounting/Financial Statement concepts, procedures and processes used in the automotive commercial industry.
- Ability to perform high level financial analysis utilizing the customer’s Tax returns, personal financial statements, CPA Audited, Reviewed and Dealer Prepared business financial statements for accounts that require a credit facility.
- Knowledge of business documentation including Sole Proprietorships, S-Corps, C-Corps, Partnerships and Limited Liability Corporations. Holding Companies, etc.
- Strong knowledge of legal document preparation, including lease and loan documentation, security perfection, researching and documenting corporate information and statutes, corporate by-laws, signature authority protocol, etc.
- Ability to research and analyze UCC filings to determine collateral positioning of all filers and its effect on account risk.
- Ability to analyze variances and trends to determine changes in key business metrics vs expectations and review with the leadership team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Google, Salesforce, etc. or comparable software application.
- Skills that can communicate both written and oral across multi-functional groups to ensure results.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive Benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career Development and Future Growth Opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.