ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer, II with a systems and software engineering background to focus on site reliability. We believe in taking a software engineer’s approach to operations by providing standards and software tools to all engineering projects. As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will split your time between developing software that improves overall reliability and providing operational support for production systems.
What you will do:
- Maintain reliability and performance for your particular infrastructure area while working with software engineers to improve service quality and health.
- Develop, design, and review new software tools in Python, Java & .NET to improve infrastructure reliability and provide services with better monitoring, automation, and product delivery.
- Practice efficient incident response through on-call rotations alongside software engineers and document incidents through postmortems.
- Support service development with capacity plans, launch/deployment plans, scalable system design, and monitoring plans.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience programming in at least one of the following: Python, Java, Ruby, or Perl.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Linux/Unix systems administration, configuration management, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- You are comfortable with production systems including: load balancing, distributed systems, microservice architecture, service meshes, and continuous delivery.
- Minimum 2 years of experience building and delivering software tools for monitoring, management, and automation that support production systems.
- Experience maintaining and scaling Kubernetes clusters for production workloads is a plus.
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or other tools is a plus.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.