ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will do:
The Strategic Account Executives activities include: Retention of major auto groups in the Northeast, relationship building, training, infusing best practices, coaching users and consulting with senior management to achieve more profitable sales at a faster rate. The expectation of the Strategic Account Executive is to build trust and rapport with dealership decision makers, become a business partner to them and retain their business so that our company continues its growth trajectory. This is an outstanding opportunity for high energy, experienced professionals who love to advise on operational strategies and motivate people to take their game to the next level. Major skills required include:
- Mid-level understanding of Inventory Management practices and operations for new and used vehicles
- Developing expertise with our products so that they become “second hand” in nature
- Intricate scheduling of accounts for in-store visits, Zoom Meeting sessions and inspirational phone calls
- Coordination and execution of launches on our products for new store(s) that are sold
- Constant monitoring, probing and performance management to ensure that Customers are using the tools the right way and deriving value and benefits from them
- Discovering needs and opportunities, then setting the stage for our Sales Teams to conduct Upgrade/ Upsells
- Renewing customers before their contract terminates to keep them as loyal customers
- Planning and executing quarterly campaigns for strategic impact on new trends in market or product / feature roll outs
- Reporting into Salesforce.com completed actions and follow up meetings with dealer personnel
- Responding to occasional issues that arise with data feeds or application glitches to calm users and work through to solution
- Holding professional and well-crafted Business Reviews with decision makers so that our software and its application become an integral part of their operations.
What you should have:
- A minimum of 10 years in the automotive industry with 8 years in a consultative Account Manager/Executive role
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience selling or consulting on SAAS products in the auto industry required
- Ability to travel 3 out of 4 weeks per month / 3 days each travel week
- Detailed listening skills
- Natural tendency to write things down and record actions for follow –up
- Presentation capabilities to uncover pain or show benefits to assist our sales team efforts
- Very effective teaching skills for groups of 50, groups of 10 and 1 on 1 type sessions
- Disciplined organization in daily, weekly and monthly planning and execution of plans
- Ability to turn tense customer situations into teamwork oriented problem solving exercises
- Ability to follow up on every request, take action, communicate back and build trust
- Relationship building – getting to know what motivates your dealers, what’s important to them and then delivering and building credibility/accountability
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.