ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
ACV Transportation is looking for a Software Engineer that will focus on the web components of our Transportation products and tools. This team is the power behind our Transportation products and is responsible for developing new functionality for our internal tools and external facing applications that are used by thousands of customers every day.
You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Transportation. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. The technologies you are familiar with are less important to us than your ability to solve complex software problems and apply software engineering best practices.
What you will be doing:
• Design, develop, and maintain code for our back-end services and distributed systems.
• Work with engineers and product stakeholders to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance for our products.
• Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for our products.
What you will need:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 8 years of experience working with relational and distributed databases.
• You have experience in a highly iterative environment with automated testing and continuous delivery.
• Experience with containers and Kubernetes.
What we will offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits. • Upbeat innovative culture. • Professional training opportunities. • Flexible schedules.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.