ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What are we looking for:
As a Software Engineer III at ACV Auctions you will develop, write, and modify code. You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that optimize operational efficiency and drive growth.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, and maintain code for our Vue.js based web application and component design library.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable web components, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products with unit and integration tests.
- Work with other frontend engineers to define and enforce code standards based on industry best practices.
- Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
- Able to lead and successfully complete software projects without major guidance from a manager/lead.
- Lead in team discussions to define requirements on new and current products, as needed.
- Provide technical support for many applications within the technology portfolio.
- Respond to and troubleshoot complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with any of the following frameworks is a plus: Vue,js, React, Angular, Vuex, Axios, Redux, Flux, Vuelidate, TailwindCSS, Bootstrap, SASS, Storybook.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools.
- Experience with any of the following continuous integration and build tools is a plus: Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines, Groovy Scripting.
- Deep knowledge in day-day tools and how they work including deployments, k8s, monitoring systems, and testing tools.
- Highly proficient in version control systems including trunk based development, multiple release planning, cherry picking, and rebase.
- Self-sufficient debugger who can identify and solve complex problems in code.
- Deep understanding of major data structures (arrays, dictionaries, strings).
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Upbeat innovative culture.
- Professional training opportunities.
- Flexible schedules.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.