ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our Research & Development team. Tough problems call for strong leaders who can shepherd both code and data through testing and into a production environment. A developer with a mission-critical mindset who can operate in multiple environments, independently, with skill and precision execution. This individual thoroughly understands the software development lifecycle and understands the automation tools needed to ensure the continuous integration and deployment of software systems.
The Research & Development team is responsible for blank sheet problem solving, developing, prototyping and implementing innovative solutions. Our goal is to create products and solutions that directly impact the bottom line of the business. We seek to acquire proven talent to leverage and build state-of-the-art solutions and maintain our competitive advantage in the marketplace.
We need a strong engineer that can design and build clean, well-organized / maintainable solutions to complex data and web problems, run and perform code reviews, and support solutions as needed. We are creating ground-up solutions to multifarious problems and are seeking top-end talent for the diverse portfolio of projects at hand.
Attributes for Success:
- Subject matter expert in data integration, pipelines and infrastructure.
- Thought leader in coded solutions and product delivery who is comfortable wearing many hats and can present innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Development polyglot, and willing to eagerly learn new skills as projects required.
- Portfolio of delivering and supporting high quality, highly distributed web service protocols (ie. HTTP, JSON, Protobuf, REST).
What you will do:
- Application development in support of key ACV initiatives.
- Focus on application integration with other ACV product sets and platforms.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Manage and monitor production servers, databases, and cloud resources.
- Define software testing requirements, strategies, and designs.
- Develop and execute automated tests.
- Develop and maintain software documentation.
- Oversee production software releases.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure technical alignment.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience writing, testing, and troubleshooting web, backend, data, and infrastructure applications and experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Python, Service Oriented Architectures, and AWS (preferred).
- Strong data engineering skills, including analysis, data operations, and data stewardship.
- API development and management experience, focused on application integration.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Self-directed learner and motivated to contribute to key components of the business.
- Machine learning and Computer Vision are a strong plus.
- IOS development skills are a strong plus.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field OR have equivalent practical experience.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.