ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company’ from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you'll be doing:
ACV’s Finance team is seeking a talented, experienced candidate to join us as Director of Financial Analytics. This multi-faceted role will focus on leveraging machine learning and modeling in order to build predictive models that are focused on revenue growth and margin expansion. This role will also focus on augmenting FP&A forecasting methodologies with complementary forecasting techniques. Experience in ETL and modeling along with translation of the output into widely consumable information is essential for this role. The ideal candidate has built ML based models hands-on and is also comfortable presenting to an executive audience.
- Develop deep understanding of the company and business processes
- Form strategic opinions and defend them with upper management
- Develop knowledge of ACV’s financial model.
- Build predictive models using the latest machine learning modeling techniques that will assist in financial forecasting, analytics, and revenue growth and margin expansion.
- Partner with the lines of business leaders to formulate decision science strategies and models.
- Incorporate external data into forecasting and modeling.
- Develop valuable insights for data-driven decision making with the goal of allowing ACV to achieve it’s financial goals.
What you should have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a data science/predictive analytics role with hands-on experience building ML-based predictive models end-to-end.
- Masters degree in a related field.
- Ideally a PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or related field, with demonstrated knowledge of quantitative methodologies.
- Clear communication skills both written and verbal.
- Competency with Python, SQL, and ETL software.
- Proven experience building high quality predictive models, end to end, including data procurement, data preparation, modeling, and deployment.
- Expertise with Machine Learning and Python.
- Experience developing KPIs and relating them to financial results.
- Ability to travel to HQ in Buffalo, NY as needed.
What we will offer:
- Comprehensive benefits offerings for benefits eligible Teammates.
- Unique culture that truly values each and every Teammate.
- Career development and future growth opportunities.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.