ACV’s mission is to build and enable the most trusted and efficient digital marketplaces for buying and selling used vehicles with transparency and comprehensive data that was previously unimaginable. We are powered by a combination of the world’s best people and the industry’s best technology. At ACV, we are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and rewarded with a work environment that enables each Teammate to impact the company from day one. ACV’s network of brands includes ACV Auctions, ACV Transportation and ACV Capital within its Marketplace Products as well as True360 and Data Services.
What you will be doing:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements that support and enable business operations, including but not limited to, commercial contracts, including customer agreements and master services agreements, confidentiality agreements, vendor contracts, including technology licensing, marketing, and professional services agreements, leases, employment related agreements, and contractor agreements.
- Build close cross-functional relationships with team members, and obtain and maintain a solid knowledge of the company’s business.
- Engage with internal stakeholders during the contracting process to ensure that company agreements adequately address risk management concerns, information security and privacy issues, accounting considerations, and other pertinent issues.
- Assist the legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and refinement of standard form agreements, and company processes and policies.
- Act as a strategic partner, proactively identifying and analyzing potential legal issues in consultation with other members of the legal team and outside counsel, as necessary.
- Partner with the corporate development team and provide legal support for business transactions, including acquisitions, investments and partnerships.
- Provide substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis, including communications and training, contract management, and more.
What you will need:
- JD (law degree) from an accredited law school, with exceptional academic credentials.
- Must be a member in good standing of the New York state bar, or be eligible to become licensed as in-house counsel.
- 5 - 7 years of legal experience. In-house experience is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- Prior trademark/IP experience is a plus.
- Must demonstrate an ability to grasp business and operational strategies to provide sound legal counsel in diverse matters affecting the business.
- Requires excellent language and writing skills and ability to drive projects and earn the confidence and cooperation of business partners. Must have strong project management, interpersonal, and persuasion skills.
- Enjoyable to work with. Positive attitude. Zero ego. Resourceful. Willingness to roll up sleeves (no job too big, no job too small).
- Detail oriented and organized. Highly self-directed and proactive, with the ability to manage a high-volume practice in a dynamic, fast paced, metrics-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Incredible culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV's Corporate HQ is located in Buffalo, NY. This role is eligible to work remotely from New York City.
At ACV, we are committed to an inclusive culture in which every individual is welcomed and empowered to celebrate their true selves. We achieve this by fostering a work environment of acceptance and understanding that is free from discrimination. ACV is committed to being an equal opportunity employer regardless of sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.