ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What are we looking for:
As a Software Engineer at ACV Auctions you will develop, write, and modify code. You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that optimize operational efficiency and drive growth.
What you will be doing:
• Architect and build entire services including but not limited to; data modeling, storage, message brokers, protocols, interfaces, and front-ends.
• Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
• Design and develop systems across all major departments including but not limited to; data, enterprise applications, and IT
• Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve highly complex software problems.
• Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
• Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
• Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
• Design and implement effective service/product interfaces.
• Develop complex data models using common patterns like EAV, normal forms, append only, event sourced, or graphs.
• Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
• Lead and successfully complete software projects with minimal guidance from managers.
• Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
• Provide technical support for many applications within the technology portfolio.
• Respond to and troubleshoot highly complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
• Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 8 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools.
• Expert in version control systems
• Expert in software engineering tooling and mentors and drives adoption for new tools and tooling standards.
• Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
• Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
What we will offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Upbeat innovative culture.
• Professional training opportunities.
• Flexible schedules.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.