ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What are we looking for:
As a Software Engineer at ACV Auctions you will develop, write, and modify code. You will work alongside and mentor software and production engineers in the development of solutions to ACV’s most complex software problems. It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll be doing:
• Architect, deliver, and maintain four or more domains/products with many components and services.
• Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
• Influences company wide engineering standards for tooling, languages, and build systems.
• Develop and implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk and liability are accounted for.
• Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages.
• Implements engineering wide security standards and ensures security compliance for the business.
• Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
• Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
• Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
• Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
• Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Acts as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
• Manages third-party consulting resources, as needed.
• Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 15 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools
• Expert in version control systems
• Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
• Expert in software engineering tooling and mentors and drives adoption for new tools and tooling standards.
• Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
• Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
What we will offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Upbeat innovative culture.
• Professional training opportunities.
• Flexible schedules.
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.