ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic Inspector who has a knack for cars and wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Inspectors are the face of our company. They know a ton about cars, and love to talk about them - explaining to our clients what they need to know in a way they can understand. They have boundless energy and work tirelessly to ensure our clients get nothing but the best. Our inspectors are meticulous. Nothing gets by them. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on Trust, Transparency, Credibility, and Customer Service and our Inspectors deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do
- Partnering with a Territory Manager and a team of Inspectors, conducts inspections of vehicles at dealerships, auctions, and off-lease, to detect damage, missing parts and mechanical problems.
- Prepare and submit a report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, and related documentation.
- Help sales team up-sell or cross-sell services and products
- Interface regularly with our dealers to develop and ensure client satisfaction and build strong relationships.
- Travel to & from dealerships and homes to inspect, and write condition reports, list vehicles to sell on the auction platform.
- Take multiple, overall, and damage photos match them to a vehicle, and download them to the image server utilizing the company issued smart phone.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding and purchasing.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers to utilize ACV Auctions digital platform.
What you will need
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (body, paint and mechanical repair knowledge) with customer service background strongly preferred.
- Problem solving aptitude to meet challenges with resourcefulness and innovative approaches.
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand customer needs and expectations.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required
- Reliable transportation to travel to client sites and to and from home office, with up to 80% field-based travel.
- Knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, and web-based applications.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time with the ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to drive a manual & automatic transmission.
- Vision abilities required to properly identify small defects around and underneath vehicles.
- Ability to work outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
What we will offer
- Paid Overtime with mileage reimbursement
- Professional training opportunities and upward mobility
- Upbeat Innovative Culture
- Tools provided to help you be successful (company issued smart phone; OBD-II Scanner; Tire Tread Measure; Paint Meter; Magnetic Ruler
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #L1-JB1