ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
This role is responsible for the compliance of our shared carrier network. Reporting to the Carrier Manager, they will proactively work with carriers and monitoring applications to ensure we collect proper insurance, DOT authority and financial documents
- Work independently with clearly defined goals and objectives
- Analyze motor carrier data to determine whether carriers attempting to onboard with us meet our carrier qualification requirements
- Utilize motor carrier monitoring services, government databases, and other resources during the onboarding process to identify and assess carriers that ,ay pose an unreasonable amount of risk; take actions to reduce that risk
- Maintain accurate background data on carriers and ensure proper record keeping in Salesforce; validate documents such as insurance certificates and W-9 forms
- Proactively and accurately update our load board, Salesforce and third party compliance applications
- Respond timely to and escalate other carrier inquiries sent by dispatchers and other ACV teammates
- Advocate strong ethical standards in day-to-day functions and among team members
- Thoroughly setup carrier accounts in Salesforce and ACV’s Load board to ensure fast vendor payment and cross-departmental communication
- Assist Transport Admins with incoming calls regarding payments, bills of lading and general compliance inquiries
- Collaborate with Carrier Manager and Carrier Relationship team to identify inefficiencies and develop effective policies and procedures
- Embrace the opportunities to pick up new activities that fall broadly in the purpose of the role
- Work on special projects as they arise
- 3+ years of experience onboarding carriers
- Thorough understanding of DOT laws and regulations
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer
- Problem-solving capability
- Able to navigate multiple departments remotely
- Comfort in talking to carriers on the phone
- Team Player who willingly accepts change and continuous improvement
- A history of winning awards for being awesome in some way
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), load boards & Salesforce a plus
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.