ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What are we looking for:
The Carrier Sourcing Specialist is responsible for the growth of our high quality carrier network and strategic partnerships. Reporting to the Carrier Manager, you will proactively source, vet, and onboard a strong network of high quality carriers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Your core responsibilities will be to i) bring new carriers to the ACV Transportation Platform, ii) get them to complete their first 10 loads within SLA, iii) evaluate whether a more strategic partnership or direct dispatch relationship is appropriate, and iv) work with the team on any next steps.
- Communicate the value of working with ACV and why Transporters love partnering with us.
- Proactively locate and vet a network of quality transportation services and companies.
- Negotiate and contract rates with high volume transport partners.
- Understand the capabilities of each transporter and proactively match them to opportunities.
- Manage strategic partners by developing and monitoring key performance metrics.
- Throughout the process, collaborate with cross-functional leadership teams, set objectives, and track/report progress to Management.
- Lead strategic sourcing initiatives including the development of comprehensive RFQs, quantitative bid analysis, contract negotiations, and implementation.
- Research potential leads in available databases; make cold calls to prospects.
- Lead partnership business review meetings on a regular basis.
- Use Salesforce to track every relationship found.
- Update carrier information in internal databases including location, equipment type, lanes and availability.
- Conduct benchmark/research activities to understand industry trends and best practices and share with the transport team.
- Assist the Carrier Manager in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Follow through on escalated issues to ensure timely proper resolution and provide continuous communication to all parties involved.
- Attend weekly one-on-ones with the Carrier Manager to evaluate personal metrics and team performance.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of related experience in transportation business development.
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to initially work from a remote home office.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Able to navigate multiple departments remotely.
- Comfort in talking to customers on the phone.
- Team Player who willingly accepts change and continuous improvement.
- A history of winning awards for being awesome in some way.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), Google Suite & Salesforce a plus.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- StartupNY tax benefit (for employees residing in WNY)
- Upbeat innovative culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.