ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an Analytics Engineer, III. As a member of the Data Team at ACV, the Analytics Engineer’s primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV and its customers. The primary customers of the Data team are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives and KPIs guide the way we understand problems and evaluate the quality of our answers. The Analytics Engineer’s primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV and its customers. This role is focused on doing analysis for business needs and immediate queries from stakeholders on multiple product and tech teams.
What you will do:
- Focus on doing analysis for business needs and immediate queries from stakeholders on other teams
- Build reports and dashboards to give stakeholders visibility into relevant metrics
- Develop and analyze large data sets
- Focus on the fundamentals of great questions, good process, competent analysis, clear communication, team wins, and focused contribution to the company’s needs
- With leadership guidance, be able to present analysis of a business area to stakeholders and support follow on questions, converting business questions into technical requirements
- Recommend and design measures that are most appropriate for a business area and technical team.
- Incorporate information from third-party sources into ACV to provide improved clarity and context for internal measures.
- Without guidance, be able to present analysis of a business area to stakeholders and support follow on questions, converting business questions into technical requirements
- BA/BS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Minimum 3 years Professional Experience related to job description.
- Strong Technical Writing skills
- Prior ETL and CRUD operations experience
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Visualization skills (Tableau, Mixpanel etc.) and SQL
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent communication skills and solutions and client service-oriented, with an emphasis on creativity and diligence
- Hands on coding experience with Python, R, SPSS (or other statistical packages)
- Experience writing scripts, visual basic, basic coding (HTML)
- Masters in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Experience with distributed computation systems like Spark or Dask
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.