ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective and transparent way of buying and selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title and payment processing, managing arbitration and transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy and sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year and recently completed a $55 million Series F funding led by Durable Capital Partners LP.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for a Staff Software Engineer that will work on a cross-functional agile team in operational tools, product, or infrastructure. You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. We value practical software experience in addition to a thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals. It is expected that you are a technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, that you can balance high quality delivery with customer focus, that you have excellent communication skills, and that you have a record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do:
- Architect, deliver, and maintain four or more domains/products with many components and services.
- Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
- Influences company wide engineering standards for tooling, languages, and build systems.
- Develop and implement 2-3 year lifecycle plans for all tools to ensure business risk and liability are accounted for.
- Contribute, influence, and set standards for all technical aspects of a product or service including but not limited to; testing, debugging, performance, languages.
- Implement engineering wide security standards and ensures security compliance for the business.
- Modify and develop custom software patterns as needed to solve the most complex software problems.
- Accountable for the overall performance of products and/or services within a defined area of focus.
- Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
- Lead team discussions to define requirements on new and current products.
- Respond to and troubleshoot the most complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
- Act as a mentor or leader for less experienced engineers.
- Manage third-party consulting resources, as needed.
- Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 15 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools
- Expert in version control systems
- Expert in software design and problem solving across many domains/products.
- Expert in software engineering tooling and mentors and drives adoption for new tools and tooling standards.
- Expert in release, builds, testing and the entirety of the SDLC.
- Expert at debugging distributed systems using distributed tracing and other common tools.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.