At ACV Auctions, you have an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing and dynamic technology companies in the Northeast. ACV is taking the world of physical auctions for the transacting of used cars through digital transformation through its data-driven online marketplace. The used car market is more than twice the size of the new car market with a $180B TAM in the US alone. With a workforce of 1,500 employees across the country, ACV has created a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The company has raised over $350M of capital at a recent valuation of over $1.5B, and offers the opportunity to help build a large global technology business.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions Transportation is looking for an enthusiastic Transportation Administrator who has a knack for cars and wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Transportation is fast-paced and vital to our business; our buyers want their purchased vehicles as quickly as our sellers want them off of their lot. This role is responsible for assigning vehicle transportation to third parties and achieving the successful resolution of customer inquiries in a timely manner.
Transportation Administrators will work remotely until Summer 2021.
What will you do:
- Responsible for ensuring timely placement of transports with haulers.
- Proactively locate and vet a network of quality transportation services and companies.
- Understand the capabilities of each transporter and proactively match them to opportunities.
- Communicate the value of working with ACV and why they would want to partner with us.
- Manage relationships and retain quality services.
- Use Salesforce to track every relationship found.
- Empowered to adjust pricing and creatively link transports to create timely, cost-effective, quick service time movement of vehicles.
- Receive and execute on transportation-related inquiries regarding the delivery status.
- Work inter-departmentally as well as with sellers, buyers, and transporters to determine the status of transport.
- Follow through to ensure timely proper resolution and provide continuous communication to all parties involved.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Negotiate and contract rates with high volume transport partners.
- Deliver solutions in a timely manner.
- Willing to go the extra mile.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 1 years of related experience in customer service, transportation, brokering.
- A reliable self-starter attitude that can thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- The desire to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done; doing whatever it takes to delight a customer.
- Problem-solving capability.
- Able to navigate multiple departments.
- Comfort in talking to customers on the phone.
- Team Player who willingly accepts change and continuous improvement.
- A history of winning awards for being awesome in some way.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Familiar with business technology (Microsoft Office Suite), Salesforce a plus.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a startup that is taking off!
- Flexible schedules
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.