ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Territory Sales Manager, who has a background in the automotive space, a passion for cars, and wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership and wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy and work tirelessly to build their territory and provide our clients with the best service. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on trust, transparency, and credibility, and our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to grow and build out new business in your territory.
- Service accounts in person and via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups and leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition and how to sell against it.
- Assess customers’ wholesale inventory needs and offer solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them and the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast and report incoming business activity on a monthly and annual basis.
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable and aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, and internal structure/role changes.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspectors and KPI's.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of dealership experience, on either the used or new car side of business required.
- Experience selling into dealerships and auction knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing and prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone.
- Understanding of the importance of building internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat and positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM (preferably Salesforce) to maintain and plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc.
- hat we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Upbeat, innovative culture.
- Flexible schedules.
- Professional training opportunities and upward mobility.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.