ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for:
As a member of the Data Team at ACV, the Analytics Engineer’s primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV and its customers. The primary customers of the Data team are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives and KPIs guide the way we understand problems and evaluate the quality of our answers.
The Sr. Analytics Engineer is focused primarily on doing analysis for business needs and immediate queries from stakeholders on other teams. The Sr. Analytics Engineer is distinct from a Data Science Engineer or Machine Learning Engineer. A Data Science Engineer can lead projects from start to end towards more fundamental understandings of ACV’s current state or business problem. A ML Engineer, while competent to do analysis and data science, is focused on more taking a predictive project where a statistical relationship can be leveraged for the benefit of a specific business need in the company.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill and maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, and have the ability to support the development and implementation of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query.
- MS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Minimum 3 years Professional Experience related to job description
- Strong Experience with Python (strong emphasis on pandas, numpy, plotting)
- Strong Professional Experience with MySQL / BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Experience doing complex queries and transformations on large data set
- Good scripting and functional programming skills
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis and the basics of data-driven reasoning are a must.
- PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Experience with distributed computation systems like Spark or Dask
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.