ACV Auctions is reinventing a $100 billion industry through an online, wholesale vehicle marketplace that provides car dealerships a more effective and transparent way of buying and selling wholesale vehicles through 20-minute auctions. Our technology modernizes the entire arc of auction operations, providing third- party inspections, account management, title and payment processing, managing arbitration and transportation. The company strives to be the most trusted source in the industry for dealers to buy and sell wholesale vehicles. The company is growing 300% year-over-year and recently completed a $150 million Series E funding round from investors such as Bessemer Venture Partners and Bain Capital Ventures.
Who we are looking for:
ACV is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead one of our software domain teams. You will oversee a team of engineers supporting our digital products which have made us a major disruptor in the industry. The ideal candidate will have an engineering mindset with a passion for developing innovative digital products. This person will thrive in a fast-paced, agile development environment and provide hands-on leadership and coaching to a rapidly growing team.
What you will do:
- Manage and lead your reports and resources to execute on the ACV Auctions engineering vision. This includes constant recruiting, mentoring, and the development of individuals on your team.
- Collaborate extensively with our Product team to ensure a unified vision and continued improvements to digital products.
- Manage, negotiate, and develop third-party vendor relationships alongside the VP of Engineering as they relate to tools, outsourcing, and consulting.
- Own, manage and execute the strategy, roadmap, and technical implementation of scalable services and product roll-outs.
- Conduct code reviews, contribute high-quality documentation and assist in the development of robust scalable applications.
- Own and drive KPI’s critical to software quality which primarily includes increasing engineering confidence and release frequency to new levels.
What you will need:
- Minimum 7 years’ software engineering experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a leadership or senior engineering role with a focus on digital product development.
- Have worked as an integral member of the development team collaborating with product, engineering, and other business units by designing and developing highly scalable back-end web applications.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal), attention to detail, extreme organization, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, VueJS, AngularJS, MySQL, Python, Java, C#, Service Oriented Architectures, or AWS a plus.
- Significant experience with SQL or relational databases; you can write select statements (including semi-complex joins) to query data at rest in the database or in log files.
- Familiarity with screen capture and other recording solutions to document steps to troubleshoot and reproduce issues identified during testing.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.