Our Territory Sales Managers have extensive knowledge of the automotive space and a passion for cars. Our Territory Managers are the face of our company. They need to understand the dealership and wholesale car business. They are "road warriors" who have boundless energy and work tirelessly building out their territory and ensuring our clients get nothing but the best. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on Trust, Transparency, and Credibility and our Territory Managers deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do:
- Develop and execute a strategic plan the to grow and build out new business in the assigned territory.
- Service accounts in person and via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals set by Manager.
- Deliver superior client service skills in order to achieve account retention and growth.
- Develop relationships with dealers and dealer groups and leverage these relationships to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Be very familiar with the competition and how to sell against it.
- Assess customers’ wholesale inventory needs and offers solutions to increase their business with ACV Auctions.
- Educate customers on the breadth of what our product can offer them and the services that will be made available to them.
- Forecast and report incoming business activity on a monthly and annual basis
- Ensure both customers and prospects have a detailed understanding of our products through a consultative selling approach.
- Ensure current customer satisfaction by responding quickly and accurately to problems, concerns or needs.
- Help proactively market the company to customers and convey the advantages of our product.
- Accountable and aware of the financial activity within your book of business.
- Adapt to changes in a book of business, customer contacts, and internal structure/role changes.
- Collaborate with team members, manager, and cross-functional departments when necessary.
- Day to day management of Vehicle Condition Inspector and manage KPI's for direct report
What you will need:
- A minimum of 3 years of Automotive experience required.
- 5+ years Dealership experience either on the used or new car side of business.
- Experience selling into dealerships and auction knowledge strongly preferred.
- Ability to be on the road every day, traveling to both existing and prospect dealerships.
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position ACV Auctions.
- Excellent relationship building skills both in-person and over the phone and understand the importance of building .internal and external networks to increase personal effectiveness.
- An upbeat and positive demeanor.
- Ability to be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Adapt quickly to shifting priorities and assists others in doing so.
- Experience using a CRM software (preferably SalesForce.com) to maintain and plan sales pipeline.
- Ability to travel for meetings, training, etc.
- No previous DUI/DWI/DWAI and no restrictions on valid driver's license for a a commercial vehicle.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Flexible schedules
- A chance to get in on the ground floor with a startup that is taking off!
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.