At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of the fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology and end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys and sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a “ground floor” opportunity having an impact on the company’s results from day one and grow as ACV Auctions does.
Who we are looking for:
ACV Auctions is looking for an Android Software Engineer that is responsible for the development and maintenance of our Android applications for a diverse and vast number devices. You will work alongside software and production engineers to build and ship new features that will drive the growth of ACV Auctions. Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
What you will do:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to develop the future of ACV Auctions on the Android platform.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Contribute industry best practices and technology to the development and maintenance of our Android applications.
- Help maintain code quality by implementing bug fixes and solving bottlenecks.
- Design, build and automate high-quality unit, integration, and UI tests that scale with app growth.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Android development.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK and managing multiple versions of Android for a variety of devices.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Experience with offline storage, threading, mobile memory management and performance tuning.
- Experience automating UI and unit tests using relevant testing frameworks.
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Have released and maintained at least one android application in the Google Play Store.
- Familiarity with real-time streaming, and using push notifications effectively in android applications.
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.