Acumen Academy is seeking a contractor with 5 - 7 years of experience with program operations experience to support the launch and operation of our virtual accelerator programs in Southeast Asia. Candidates must be able to speak and write Vietnamese fluently.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We offer in-person and online courses on how to make social change happen. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the determination and grit to build a more just, inclusive, and sustainable world. We offer anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, access to the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With over 800 Fellows and 500,000 course takers in 193 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy.
Acumen Academy is expanding in Southeast Asia. This role will support the implementation of our accelerator programs in Southeast Asia, which includes running existing accelerators and helping launch new ones. This role will work on the frontlines of participant engagement, running program operations, and directly facilitating the learning experience. This contract position is a year-long contract with the option to renew for another year.
- Leverage existing systems and processes to manage accelerator programs from start to finish:
- Lead the recruitment and selection process for accelerator participants
- Onboard participants to the learning experience (creating user accounts, running the orientation session, refreshing learning materials)
- Update our accelerator facilitator guides and materials to ensure that our facilitators and coaches have everything they need to run weekly sessions
- Facilitate virtual “Learning Lab” sessions during the accelerator programs and manage a team of contract facilitators
- Support participants on a weekly basis during the accelerator programs including responding to inquiries and holding individual consultations as needed
- Build new recruitment channels by expanding Acumen Academy’s network in the region
- Monitor the overall accelerator experience and identify opportunities for improvement and redesign
- Support the development of new accelerator programs and curriculum
- Support the development and operation of other online learning programs in Southeast Asia
Skills and Qualifications
- 5 – 7 years of relevant professional experience, perhaps experience as a teacher, a facilitator, particularly of online learning experiences, or program management
- Candidates must speak and write Vietnamese fluently
- Familiarity with social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs, or leadership development a plus
- Familiarity with technical platforms and apps, able to troubleshoot
- Good organizational skills (captures it all, organizes information in an actionable way)
- Good planning skills (foresight, prepared, only last minute when it has to be)
- Good project management skills (timely delivery, quality work). Able to coordinate all program components on a schedule and coordinate a team of contract facilitators
- Good customer service skills: What is needed? How can I help?
- Proactive problem solver with an ability to deliver projects independently and under pressure.
- Clear communicator who is able to engage diverse audiences with an underlying respect
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively work cross-functionally and cross-culturally
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, candor, empathy, patience, and team orientation
- BONUS: experience facilitating social entrepreneurship, social innovation, or lean startup programs
- BONUS: experience working with online learning platforms or building online courses
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Authorized to work in Vietnam and based in Vietnam
This is a remote position. You must be based in Vietnam. You will be working with our global team across multiple time zones (New York, London, Kuala Lumpur).
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.