Acumen is seeking a highly responsible, detail oriented Administrative Associate in Karachi, with at least 5 years’ experience and basic accounting skills. It is critical that the applicant can work independently in a small team, multi-task, manage different stakeholders, be digitally savvy, and has excellent organizational skills.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 270 million lives by investing $120M in 125 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t just about capital, we’ve been investing in relationships for years… connecting with emerging leaders in their own countries and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About the role
We are in the process of rebuilding the Acumen Pakistan team. The role of the Administrative Associate is an essential hire that will provide a foundation and support for the rest of the team.
- Provide administrative support to ensure efficient operations of the office – maintenance of office premises, equipment, office supplies etc.
- Manage all outsourced vendor and partner relationships, billings, expense ledgers. Prepare and monitor invoices.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Managing Director.
- Develop and maintain an efficient filing system – physical and online
- Prepare basic financial statements, expense reconciliations, reports, memos, invoices, letters, and other documents.
- Manage petty cash and keep accurate records of all expenses.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. Make travel arrangements when required.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of junior staff
- Handle office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail, and mail with all stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. Ability to work across cultures, a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Basic accounting skills
- Can organize and prioritize work
- A positive, “can-do” attitude
- High integrity and sense of responsibility
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanent authorization to work in Pakistan
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed, and interviews conducted on a rolling basis. The deadline for this position is 24th September, 2021