Acumen is looking for an Associate with 1 – 3 years of experience for a 12-month contract to support the execution of a new, time-limited Fellows Program. This role is based in London and you are available for hybrid attendance in office when we return.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t just about capital, we’ve been investing in relationships for years, connecting with emerging leaders in their own countries and engaging them in extended collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. Our mission is to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the character and competence to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. Blending the best of online and offline learning, we offer anyone, anywhere access to the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 800 Fellows and 500,000+ course takers in 193 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy.
The Food System Fellowship Program
Acumen Academy is partnering with The Rockefeller Foundation to launch a global, sector-specific fellowship program, designed to build a global community of moral leaders who are driving meaningful solutions in our food systems. The program will bring together diverse global cohorts of food systems leaders, and take them through a year-long program combining in-person and virtual seminars. The Associate will report to the Program Lead for the Food Systems Fellowship.
This program has funding for two years. This is a 12-month contract with an option to renew for year 2. Acumen does not have funding beyond that.
Selection process: support the execution of a 4-stage selection process from start to finish
- Manage the applicant tracking system
- Serve as primary point of contact for 500-1000 applicants
- Conduct application reviews and interviews
- Lead the execution of the ‘Selection Conference’ - a two-day virtual selection event; conduct reference checks; support the final selection.
Program execution and evaluation:
- Support design and execution of training seminars and events: prepare all training materials; process Fellows-related payments; liaise with fellows and trainers between seminars.
- Manage events and logistics: point person between Acumen and all third-party vendors; for in-person seminars, arrange all accommodations and manage transportation of Fellows and trainers to and from seminar locations; attend seminars (3 virtual, 2 in-person per cohort) and resolve logistical issues that arise.
- Facilitation support: Learn Fellowship content; support Program Lead to deliver an immersive learning experience; provide feedback to facilitator; in some cases support Program Lead in co-delivering training activities.
- Track program outcomes and Fellows’ learning outcomes
Skills and Qualifications
- 1 – 3 years of experience
- Good organizational skills (captures it all, organizes information in an actionable way)
- Good planning skills (foresight, prepared, only last minute when it has to be)
- Good project management skills (timely delivery, quality work)
- Good customer service skills: What is needed? How can I help?
- Ability to work and deliver projects independently, proactively, and under pressure.
- Exceptional relationship and interpersonal skills: courtesy, tact, candor, empathy, patience, and strong team orientation
- Highly collaborative and able to effectively work cross-functionally
- Clear communicator who is able to engage diverse audiences with an underlying respect
- Familiarity with the social entrepreneurs, social intrapreneurs, impact investing or development sectors (preferred); interested in the development of character-based leaders
- Self-reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanent work authorization in the UK
Apply as early as possible. Applicants will be screened and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.