Acumen Latin America is looking for a Short Term Intern to join our team in Bogota. We're looking for a candidate that is excited by our Leadership Development work and ready to pitch in. This role is a full-time opportunity from January 2022 until December 2022.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Latin America
Acumen started operations in Latin America in 2013, with a focus on Colombia and Peru. Our strategy focuses on benefiting communities that have suffered political, economic and social exclusion, with a focus on rural areas. Our team, based in Bogotá, is continually evaluating investment opportunities and designing new ways to unleash human potential through capacity building. The Community Associate will be joining a small team responsible for running the Fellows Program in Colombia.
About the Colombian Fellows Program
Acumen’s Fellows Program is a free, one-year leadership development program powered by Acumen Academy. In 2018, Acumen launched its Fellows Program in Colombia to help develop an ecosystem of diverse, moral leaders who are committed to seeing their country succeed and navigate collectively the challenges of the post-accord era. Each year, we select ~25 local emerging leaders to join the Fellows Program. After the year-long Fellowship, we hope to realize lifelong accompaniment (this is there the Community Associate comes in!).
About the Role
As a Short-Term Analyst, you will work closely with the Acumen Academy team based in Colombia, in close relationship with our local Communications team. You will support the development and impact of Acumen Academy's work in the region by playing a critical role in the launching of innovative courses and products in Spanish. As part of your core functions, you will provide support to course takers, support the design and execution of community events; and participate in the creation of marketing campaigns to democratize the access to knowledge as much as we can!.
This role is a unique opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the most innovative work at Acumen Academy. We want to model our vision of "for anyone, anywhere", which implies seeking to create solutions that truly respond to the needs of people, especially historically marginalized populations in Colombia. It's an act of empathy... putting yourself in others shoes and understanding the challenges to access.
- Course and Program Ops - Manage and respond to all inquiries from course takers from our online courses and programs. Support the learning experience of our course takers by tracking their engagement and participation in all parts of the program and following up to support them as needed. Set up and do quality assurance checks on all courses before they are set to launch. Track recurring issues with user experience, troubleshoot issues, and identify opportunities for continuous process improvements to simplify, streamline, and automate course operations
- Data Collection & Quality Assurance (QA) – Design and document all data relevant for evaluating program effectiveness, including managing QA, feedback forms, and focus groups.
- Communications and marketing – Support the creation of marketing assets to make sure news about our free courses reach all corners of the country. This includes creation of social media posts and messaging; as well as coming up with innovative ideas to reach a very diverse audience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a University Degree. Preferably in 7th to 10th semester (or whatever your colombian university requires to validate an internship).
- Interested in leadership, social enterprise and social impact
- Excel and data management/analysis skills; ability to track data on program, report when asked, use data to inform strategies and suggest options/way forward
- A passion for execution and planning
- Problem solving skills and a result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude
- Quick learner who can rapidly become familiar with the ins and outs of different platforms
- Can prioritize; is organized and timely with superior detail orientation; proven success in detail-demanding tasks (it can be school or extracurricular projects!)
- Confident and entrepreneurial; strong ability to take initiative and roll up the sleeves. Excitement about being the tip of the spear.
- Prior experience in customer service or online learning desired
- Good written and oral communication skills in Spanish
- Medium level of English, both orally and in writing
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanent work authorization in Colombia
The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 21, 2021. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis, and the role might be filled before the deadline.